Department – Engineering
Reporting to – Engineering Manager / Director
Purpose of Role:
Senior Network Engineer role to design, install and support a range of customer networks across the UK.
Duties and Responsibilities:
You must be able to demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of Cisco Infrastructure, ASA firewalls and have extensive practical experience in implementing and troubleshooting VPN's, Routers, Switches and VLAN's in a Windows environment. Knowledge of HP switching, Virtualisation and Storage skills would be desirable also.
You will need to be able to demonstrate technical knowledge to at least CCNA level, preferably CCNP level, along with proven knowledge in data and network security, ideally including experience working to ISO27001 and a thorough knowledge of relevant Internet and Communications Protocols.
The role also requires experience to recommend and implement Best Practice across our customer networks, including:
- Partnering in the design process with new-build and existing customers developing network designs including IP schema, port locations, switch interconnects & network diagrams
- Implementing the designs with documentation
- Establish new process and procedures supporting the company
Other duties are likely to include liaising with third party suppliers and support companies, performance tuning and capacity planning, implementing network security measures and acting as a company expert on selected client projects and presenting solutions.
- Minimum five years network infrastructure experience required
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco IP Telephony Support Specialist
- Cisco Firewall Specialist
- Cisco IPS Specialist
- Cisco VPN Specialist
- WatchGuard Firewall Certifications
- Technical Skills: Operating Systems: Windows Server 2012/2008/2003 and Windows 8 / 7 / XP, Mac OS X
- Applications: MS office 2013/2010/2007, Visio
- LAN/WAN: TCP/IP, OSPF, RIP, EIGRP, CDP, IP Routing, Frame Relay, Multi Layer Switching, ACL's, NAT
- NMS / Analysis: Cisco Ciscoworks,; IPSwitch What's up Gold, Network Associates Sniffer Pro 4.5 / 4.6, Sniffer Reporter
- Routing: Cisco 4000 / 4500 / 6500 / routers, Protocols include OSPF, ISIS, BGP, EIGRP, MPLS VPNs, 802.1q, ISL, EtherChannel, Multicast, VMware , SNMP, DHCP, Frame Relay Traffic Shaping, Voice over Frame, Voice over IP, Video / Voice QoS
- HP Switching also desired
- Switching: Cisco Catalyst 2960S / 3750X / 4500 / 6500 series switches, Nexus 5500 Gigabit Ethernet, 802.1q, ISL, EtherChannel
- Load Balancing - Netscalers and Cisco
- Security: Cisco ASA 55xx, , Firewall IOS, IPSec VPN , Network Protection Server (Radius), Firewalls – Smoothwall, WatchGuard
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure, to meet real deadlines and project completion dates
- Ability to work on a New Build building site managing 3rd party integration and passive cabling contractor
- Excellent customer facing, telephone and communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to deliver presentations and address large groups of people
- Demonstrate Initiative
- Willing to travel and work away from home
- Ability to multi task
- Good problem solving skills
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Barring check through the Disclosure & Barring Service or Disclosure Scotland.
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Personal & Company related Bonus Scheme
- Workplace Pension
- Private Medical Healthcare
If you feel that this is the job for you then please fill out this form and we will be in touch as soon as we can.